Reverse Engineer, Full-Time, Remote
Thresher is young and thriving startup based out of Washington DC. Team members operate as a fully-remote team out of DC, LA, and Boston, with new cities added with new colleague locations. Our team is bright, clever, dedicated, and hungry. Join us to work in diverse and world-class data science, social science, engineering, international, and life experience, and to work on challenging technical problems in the government and commercial sectors.
Thresher helps organizations find high-value signal hidden in the noisy world of human-generated text data. We specialize in curating better data by identifying content that is hidden from standard search approaches or at risk for removal. Better data leads to better analysis, and better analysis leads to better decisions. Thresher is the result of a collaboration between a team of data scientists from Harvard and a former intelligence officer who understands the needs of experts conducting high stakes analysis.
We are growing our engineering team as we wrestle with the complex challenges.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
● Work on a perpetual work in progress.
● Quickly create prototypes and iteratively transform them into an application.
● Create code and APIs that provide data streams of interest to our users.
● Know-how when it comes to browser-based debugging
● Familiarity with a number of JS frameworks in common use
● Familiarity with the ELK stack
● Some experience with AJAX
● Not afraid of packet-traces
● Problem solving and creating
● Collaborating in a diverse team
● Taking initiative
● Conveying complex topics concisely and clearly
● Learning new things
● Agile development
● Nurturing solid relationships with clients.
Compensation is competitive and includes full benefits. We are open to part-time and/or flexible work arrangements, including working remotely. You must be eligible to for a security clearance. This is a great opportunity to join a startup, collaborate on a team with diverse data and social science experience, and work on challenging technical problems in the national security space with dual applications in the commercial sector.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or national origin.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send to email@example.com your CV and a succinct cover letter that:
● Tells your story. We have your CV but we would like to hear about your path in a more story-like way.
● Describes a tough problem you solved. What was the problem? How did you come to the solution? What did you learn in the process?
● Explains why you are interested in Thresher.
If you have a Linkedin, Github or way to share any of your work, we welcome links to those.