Short-term Contractor Software Engineer expert in Angular, Remote Work
Thresher helps organizations find the high-value signal hidden in the noisy world of human-generated text data. Thresher is the result of a collaboration between a team of data scientists from Harvard and a former intelligence officer who understands the needs of experts conducting high stakes analysis. We are growing our engineering team as we wrestle with the complex challenges that we are helping our clients address.
What you'll do
● Add features to an existing Angular project.
● Collaborate on our evolving core platform with our engineering, data science and subject matter experts.
● Communicating and collaborating in a diverse team.
● Angular 4.X
● Problem solving.
● REST framework
● Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, prioritize your work, and manage your own time.
You must have regularly used software configuration management as part of large project development.
● CSS preprocessor (sass, less)
● Module bundler (angular cli, webpack)
● Python (and the Flask module)
Expected contract length is full time for two to three months, with options for significant follow-up work. This is a great opportunity to collaborate on a team with diverse data and social science experience, and work on challenging technical problems in the national security space with dual applications in the commercial sector. You must be eligible for a security clearance.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or national origin.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested please send a resume and a cover letter that tells your story, describes a challenging problem you solved, and explains why you are interested in Thresher to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a Linkedin, Github or way to share previous work, please send links. For this position we are particularly interested in seeing your portfolio.