Full-Time Junior Software Engineer, Remote Work
Thresher helps organizations find the high-value signal hidden in the noisy world of human-generated text data. Thresher is the result of a collaboration between a team of data scientists from Harvard and a former intelligence officer who understands the needs of experts conducting high stakes analysis. We are growing our engineering team as we wrestle with the complex challenges that we are helping our clients address.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
● Collaborate on our evolving core platform.
● Create prototypes with our subject matter experts (SMEs) and data scientists and iteratively transform them into a production application with the help of senior engineers.
● Extract, transform, and load (ETL) text data in a variety of languages under the guidance of our SMEs.
● Write tests to ensure the functionality and reliability of the team’s code.
● Assist in implementing APIs that stream data and analytics of interest to our users.
● Data wrangling.
● Familiarity with unit testing concepts.
● Familiarity with developing for a cloud environment.
● Familiarity with version control software (git).
● Problem solving.
● Communicating and collaborating in a diverse team.
● Taking initiative.
● Conveying complex topics concisely and clearly.
● Ability and willingness to learn new things.
● Agile development.
● Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, prioritize your work, and manage your own time.
We are not expecting you to have it all, but if you’re ready and willing to learn, come be part of our team!
Compensation is competitive and includes full benefits. We are open to part-time and/or flexible work arrangements. You must be eligible for a security clearance. This is a great opportunity to collaborate on a team with diverse data and social science experience, and work on challenging technical problems in the national security space with dual applications in the commercial sector.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or national origin.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested please send a resume and a cover letter that tells your story, describes a challenging problem you solved, and explains why you are interested in Thresher to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a Linkedin, Github or way to share any of your work, we welcome links to those.