Full-Time Junior Software Engineer, Remote Work
Thresher helps organizations find the high-value signal hidden in the noisy world of human-generated text data. Thresher is the result of a collaboration between a team of data scientists from Harvard and a former intelligence officer who understands the needs of experts conducting high stakes analysis. We are growing our engineering team as we wrestle with the complex challenges that we are helping our clients address.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
● Collaborate on our evolving core platform.
● Create prototypes with our subject matter experts (SMEs) and data scientists and iteratively transform them into a production application with the help of senior engineers.
● Extract, transform, and load (ETL) text data in a variety of languages under the guidance of our SMEs.
● Write tests to ensure the functionality and reliability of the team’s code.
● Assist in implementing APIs that stream data and analytics of interest to our users.
● Data wrangling.
● Familiarity with the ELK stack.
● Familiarity with unit testing concepts.
● Familiarity with basic dev-ops automation.
● Familiarity with developing for a cloud environment (AWS).
● Familiarity with version control software (git)
● Problem solving.
● Communicating and collaborating in a diverse team.
● Taking initiative.
● Conveying complex topics concisely and clearly.
● Ability and willingness to learn new things.
● Agile development.Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, prioritize your work, and manage your own time.
Compensation is competitive and includes full benefits. We are open to part-time and/or flexible work arrangements, including working remotely. You must be eligible to for a security clearance. This is a great opportunity to join a startup, collaborate on a team with diverse data and social science experience, and work on challenging technical problems in the national security space with dual applications in the commercial sector.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or national origin.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org your CV and a succinct cover letter that:
● Tells your story. We have your CV but we would like to hear about your path in a more story-like way.
● Describes a tough problem you solved. What was the problem? How did you come to the solution? What did you learn in the process?
● Explains why you are interested in Thresher.
If you have a Linkedin, Github or way to share any of your work, we welcome links to those.